Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Update on Our Lives

Most of our time right now is spent fixing up our new house. It's been quite the project but we are almost to the point of being ready to move in. There are still some things that need to be done but we can work on them while we live there. It has been fun living with Reggie's Parents but I am definatly ready to have our own place. Yesterday we spent all day working on the house. Reggie worked on the wood floors, sanding and staining, and I work on painting the kitchen cabinets. Both of them very big projects. I'm not even half way done with them, but I'm hoping to finish this week. I think we are going to try to move in this week. (Fingers Crossed) I really want to be able to decorate for Christmas more than anything but I know I need to focus on getting moved in first.







These are all the before pictures. Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming.



This is what the cabinets look like now


And here is the finished wood floors

13 comments:

Krista said...

WOW, Lindsey, that's so cool that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I do hope that you are able to decorate for Christmas. I know how important that is! I so wish we were there to help with the projects and to be able to get you moved in. Love you, miss you.

Rob and Mary...Our Life said...

It looks like a lot of work but it will be great when you get to move in. I loved the cabinets and floors. You guys are doing great.

sweetieabbott said...

I love the color of stain you picked for your floors! I can't wait to see pics of the whole house when you are finished, or maybe I'll be able to see it in person if I am able to make it that way while I'm on the mainland! I'm hoping that I'll be able to squeeze a trip in to Arizona.

Kelsey said...

I feel overwhelmed for you! eek. but the floors and cabinets look great. only 2.5 more weeks!!!

payneful life said...

WOW. Looks like you have a lot on your plate. I hope you're in your home soon. Let us know if you need a little extra elbow grease. Good luck with everything.

p.s. your cabinets look great!

Sherri Romney said...

Those floors look SO great!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new home. we will be missing you in our ward.. Have fun and enjoy..

Nash said...

WHOA! Now that is a project.
It looks great though. It will feel so good to get in and get settled. I hope it's soon!

Kristen said...

Nice Work! You need to teach us how to do that!

Sherri Romney said...

Lets do get together when I get in town. I don't have your number in my new phone. Text me your number 435-327-0036. We will be there the 12th-18th and would love to see you!
Sherri

Brooke said...

my mom refinished our floors when we first moved in and it's a big job, nice work it looks great!

Meg and Russ said...

Linds, it looks so awesome! I don't think you guys are gonna want to ever move after you finish all that hard work! Sorry about not getting ahold of you the wednesday before Thanksgiving. Russell ended up getting in an accident, totaling our car and we had much to do with getting a new one. I do have 2 weeks off at Christmas hooray! Maybe we could get together then sometime. Hope you guys are well. have you moved in yet?

d.jo said...

I feel your pain...fixing something up takes a lot of work. Don't worry if you're a little late getting your house decorated for Christmas...you can always leave the decorations up even a bit past New Year's. : ) Congrats on moving soon! That's awesome!