Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Monday, December 15, 2008

We're in our new house

So we were able to move into our new house last weekend. It's been a crazy week and I don't have Internet yet so that is why I haven't post yet. I almost have all the boxes unpacked. It's been kind of a slow move but we are in and loving the space. I can't find my camera right now so as soon as I do I'll post some pictures of the house.

The first night Kallie and Preston both slept in our room to make it an easy transition to the new house but the next morning Kallie was disappointed that she wasn't able to sleep in her new room and so she has been sleeping in her room ever since. I was a little nervous how she would do because her room isn't right by ours like it was in the townhouse but it has been no problem. We got Preston to start sleeping in his room on Friday Night. I was really not looking forward to this because he has always slept with us in our room (bad habit, I know). Kallie was the same way. We got her to start sleeping in her own bed just a few months before Preston was born. She cried for about 45 min the first night the second night 15 min and then after that she would just go right to bed. I thought that Preston would be alot harder since he isn't as good as a baby as Kallie was but after 15 min of crying the first night he slept all night in his own room. Yeah!!! But of coarse we got Preston out of our room and Kallie was sick and kept on waking up and ended up sleeping in our bed. Then Saturday night Kallie started to run a fever of 105 so we took her to the doctor and told us if it keeps up that high to take her to the ER. She was running a pretty high fever all night and at 5am she was burning up with a fever of 105.7 so we took her to the hospital. They took some blood, had to put in a catheter, take x rays, and swab her nose for some cultures. She did so good considering the situation. They still don't know what is wrong with her since it's not an ear infection and not strep throat which are the common cause of a fever. She's been doing a little better today her fevers have been more in the 103 range and we can bring them down pretty good. We took her in to the doctors today for a check up and he said that if she isn't better by Wednesday they'll look into it more. She is just so sad looking. Her eyes are all puffy, it's so sad. Thank you to all that have been thinking of us. My mom and in laws for checking up on us and Tisha for the wonderful treats and Michelle for the soup. You guys are wonderful family and friends. I really appreciate it.




12 comments:

Michelle said...

You are welcome. Please let me know if you need anything. I know how you feel Aubree got her tonsils out and Lincoln went into the hospital with pneumonia (sp) all in the same week. I was in the hospital with Lincoln for 2 days and then I got sick and was running 102 temperture. Nightmare!! Thanks to ward members and hubby...You should look back and read my blog on it pretty good stuff. I hope she feels better soon or they find out waht she has.

Austin Passey said...

sad.

Kinsey said...

I hate when kids are sick, it's so sad when they don't feel good and don't know why, and to keep them laying in a hospital bed, that's hard. hope she gets better! soon! call me if you need anything!!

sweetieabbott said...

Poor thing, I hope she starts feeling better soon.

M + L said...

Aww, Lins! That's so sad about Kallie. There's nothing worse than being sick and even at the age of 24 I still want my Mom when I'm sick :) So I'm sure she feels better already with you by her side. I'm glad you were able to move into your house and that you're trying to get settled in! I just graduated and came home from Hawaii tonight. We should get a bunch of the girls together and eat lunch or something. Let me know if you need anything!

MErRy ChRiStMaS!!

Tom and Joanne Asburry said...

Kallie Girl. We are so happy to see you are feeling a little bit better. Preston you take care of your big sister!
G & G Asburry

payneful life said...

Poor little girl. We hope she's feeling better soon. Glad to see you guys into your new home. HOW EXCITING.

Cossebooms said...

I am so sorry that Kallie has been sick. That is no fun!! I wish you would let me know how I can help you. We called Sunday to see how you guys were doing, but I'm sure you were sleeping. So I am bringing you dinner tonight whether you like it or not. I want to help and try to make things a little bit easier for you guys.

The Williamson's said...

Oh my little Kallie you are so cute but it breaks my heart to see you like that. Love you all!

Brooke Garner said...

Kallie looks soooooo sad! I feel bad that she got so sick, and I feel even worse for you and Reg, you have probably not had any sleep! All things considered the house looked really good and you have done a TON of work!

Tisha and Mark said...

keep us in the loop! We love you guys! Tell Kallie her BEST friend Tisha wants her to get better :)

Barnes Blog said...

Holy Cow, poor baby. Have things gotten better since this post? I wish I could be there to help out. Do they know what's up yet?
Did she have a fall or something? If nothing else works and they want to put her on a bunch of meds, try getting her adjusted, it can't hurt, and it might help.
Good luck with the move and everything going on.
Love ya man!