Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kallie's 6th Birthday!!!

WOW, I have a 6 year old!.
Seriously how could you not love this girl, look at all those cute faces!
I really hope this birthday is one she remembers for a long time. It was a very fun and exciting day. We started the day by opening her presents. She never really told me what she wanted so I just guessed what she might like. We got her some roller blades (she loves to ride mine around the house) and a hula hoop (she was telling me she loves doing the hula hoop at school).


Then me and Kallie went out to get her a manicure and pedicure. Ever since she went with me for my birthday she's been telling me she wanted one for her birthday. I forgot to get a picture of her nails when they were done but she got zebra prints on them. That was all her idea. Then I told her we were going to go home and dad was going to take her out for a little bit and when she got home I had a big surprise for her! Reggie took her out to lunch and then to get ice cream and when they got back.......

She had a SURPRISE PARTY!!!
At first she didn't know how to react to it but as soon as her friends came up to her she got a huge smile on her face.

We did a carnival theme. I cleared the front room and hung table cloths around the whole room and had different booths for the kids to play.

FISHING BOOTH


PIN DROP/BEAN BAG TOSS

KISSING BOOTH
This was a pin the lips on Kallie game. I was so proud of myself for this idea :) The first one to play this game was Kallie's friend Jacob. When I told him he had to try to get the lips on Kallie's lips he didn't want to play so I told him he had to get the lips on Kallie's nose and he thought that was a good idea! The prize for this game were lip whistles.

FACE PAINTING
This one was a big hit with all the kids.


PHOTO BOOTH


After all the games we had all the kids sit and eat corn dogs and popcorn while Kallie opened up her presents.




I was very happy with how the party turned out. I think everyone had a great time. I couldn't have done it with out the help of family and friends. Thanks for every one's help.



After the party Kallie wanted to paint my face. I think she did a great job.

Happy Birthday Kallie! We love you!

4 comments:

Tom & Joanne said...

What a fun day! You guys did a great job on the planning and the surprising of Kallie's party. As awways Lindsey, good blog job!

McRae Family said...

So cute! I can't believe you have a 6 year old...where has the time gone?

Brooke said...

I had fun and I wasn't even one of the kids, good job!

Barnes Blog said...

SO CUTE! Good job Linds!