4 years ago
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Preston's 3rd Birthday!
Preston's birthday ended up being a lot better than I thought it would be. I originally said I wanted to wait til Saturday to celebrate his birthday since I had to work Thursday on his birthday. Well while I was at work I realized that I had a Cub Scout Training to go to on Saturday which I knew about I just never put the two and two together I was just thinking that Friday was my last day working so Saturday would be a great day to do it and plus Kallie would be out of school too. Well as soon as I realized this I just wanted to cry. I was already having a hard time with the fact that I had to work on his birthday. Luckily I got off work early at noon and went home and told Reggie I wanted to go ahead a celebrate his birthday that day on his actually birthday since Saturday was going to be busy too. I was a little bummed that I wasn't able to have the house decorated for him, good thing he doesn't really know the difference. As soon as I got home Reggie and I took Preston to the store to pick up his birthday present which was a basketball hoop . He was so excited when he heard what we were going to get him. He fell asleep on the way home from the store and when Reggie went to lay him down he kind of woke up a little and asked for his Basketball hoop but then went right back to sleep. While Reggie and Preston took a nap I went to go pick up Kallie from school and took her to go pick out a present for Preston. She has been saving her money for a while to buy him something. Once we actually got to the store she had a hard time picking something for him. She kept on wanting to get him something she would like more than Preston. I had to help her find something Preston would like. She ended up getting him two Dragon toys so he could have one and she could have one to play with too. Don't you just love the way she thinks :) When we got home Preston woke up soon after and couldn't wait to play with his Basketball hoop and he loved his Dragons too. At first Preston was getting a little frustrated if he didn't make the basket. I thought that was so funny. He is getting pretty good at it now! Reggie started working night so he had to go to work but my mom called and said she ended up calling off work and wanted me to come over to have cake and ice cream with everyone so I packed the kids up and headed over. My mom took Preston with her to pick out his cake. He loved going with Grandma by himself to get his cake. I guess he wanted a flower cake at first but my mom talked him into getting something else, thanks mom!! We did things a little backwards because after cake we went out to our usual Thursday Night Wing Night with my dad for dinner. For nothing being planned that day it ended up being a really fun day. I'm so glad everything worked out!!! We love having Preston in our Family. I love that boy so much!!!






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Linds it looks like it turned out great. I read on your FB bout your day with Reggie. I'm totally jealous and I love you guys. :)
Um, is that wings express? Because I would LOVE to have me some of those right now. That is for sure one of the places we hit when we go home. No one does wings as good as wings express. And Happy Birthday to Preston! I can't believe he's 3!
Post a Comment