On New Years Eve my mom, sisters and I went to go see New Moon again!! Great movie and even better seeing in with my favorite girls minus Kallie of coarse. After the movie we went to IHOP for Dinner/Breakfast and then I was home by 10:30pm to spend the rest of my night with my hubby and kids. When I got home Reggie and the kids were in the front room with 2 matresses laid out in front of the tv watching Shrek and that is where we slept. It was a lot of fun. Kallie and Reggie we asleep by 11:30pm, I think Kallie was asleep a little earlier than that. At midnight I told Preston Happy New Year, leaned over and kissed Reggie and Kallie and then joined them and went to sleep. I know we are a bunch of party animals. wink wink.

So when I was out to eat with my mom and sisters we were talking out the year 2009 and to be honest I was not a big fan of 2009. So I told them it was the worst year ever. Of coarse my mom had to find the good in it and there was good don't get me wrong but it still was a very hard year. A little side note, I lost my phone on tuesday and I'm pretty sure I left it at walmart and then as I'm leaving out the door to go to the movies I realize I don't know where my wallet is, ya I think it's with with my phone somewhere and to top that it had my "life savings" in there, the money I've been saving up for a sewing class I'm taking starting this week. So that just put me in a negative mood. So I am finally going to complain about this year first because I just need to get it out and then I promise I will be positive because I do realize I have lot to be grateful for.
So at the beginning of the year I was really wanting to have another baby and figured I would start trying in about Aprilish. Well April came along and for some reason it just didn't feel right. I hated that feeling I was so nervous that this feeling meant I was done having kids which just made me sad to think about. Then Reggie lost his job at the end of April. After that I realized that's probably the reason why I wasn't supposed to get pregnant at the time. So Reggie was without a job and I figured that for sure he would be getting a job within a few week. I could handle that. Well he was without a job for 8 MONTHS. We moved into Reggie's Grandpa's old house to save money for when Reggie had to go to school full time and instead we went completely backwards and drained our savings. Right before Reggie lost his job I felt like I was finally getting the hang of being a stay at home mom and really enjoying it. A few months after the job loss I got a phone call from my old job telling me they were hiring and wanted to see if I wanted to work. That was such a hard decision to make. I really did not want to go to work, I wanted to work at home taking care of my children but I wondered if this phone call was a sign that I should go work. After talking it out I decided that I was supposed to be at home with my kids and that we would be blessed for it. I guess the hardest thing about this year was just the financial stress of everything and the fact that I wanted a baby SOOO BAD! Just a very emotional Year. I know it's ridiculous but I would just cry everytime I found out someone was pregnant. It seems like everyone is pregnant right now I just so badly want it to be me.
I know that I have complained alot and I really do have lots to be grateful for so I hope I can come up with more good than bad. So here I go!
First of all I have a wonderful husband who will do anything to provide for his family. The whole 8 months he didn't have a job he took over a paper route for a friend which we are so grateful for. I know it was very hard for him after a while having to work in the middle of the night.
I have TWO beautiful healthy kids who I love so much and bring me so much joy. Kallie started Preschool this year and we were blessed to get her into the MELP Program through the Mesa School District that is FREE. It has been so good for her and she absolutely loves it. Preston definitely is in his Terrible Twos but I love all the hugs and kissed he gives me. It still amazes me how much I love that boy. I was so nervous to have a boy but I am so glad I have him.
We have a nice house with a big backyard for the kids to play in. We moved in Dec 2008 so thats pretty much part of 2009 right?
We have great ward friends to who are very giving. Our neighbors who are in our ward gave us a trampoline and then another family in our ward gave us a swing set. It has been so fun for the kids especially Preston, that kids lives outside.
Somehow we made it financially even though money was tight I know how lucky we were to be able to make it as long as we did. All I can say is that Reggie got a job just in time.
We had the best Christmas ever! We had so many people think of us and we were definitely spoiled.
Even though this year has been a hard one I have felt my Heavenly Fathers love for me and my family. I know he was there for me that whole time and I realize that we went through this for a reason. Trials just make us stronger right and when it does come time for me to have another baby I will appreciate it that much more and I realize how this gives me a chance to enjoy Preston more and he can be my baby for longer and I do love my time with him.
So my goal for this year it to be more positive and to appreciate the life I have and enjoy every minute of it with my family because I have the best Husband and kids and am so glad I have them forever!!!
It's moments like this just make me smile. Preston loves to spend time with his daddy. This is what I walked into after I wrote this post and had to share it because it's a reminder of how happy I really am!
So when I was out to eat with my mom and sisters we were talking out the year 2009 and to be honest I was not a big fan of 2009. So I told them it was the worst year ever. Of coarse my mom had to find the good in it and there was good don't get me wrong but it still was a very hard year. A little side note, I lost my phone on tuesday and I'm pretty sure I left it at walmart and then as I'm leaving out the door to go to the movies I realize I don't know where my wallet is, ya I think it's with with my phone somewhere and to top that it had my "life savings" in there, the money I've been saving up for a sewing class I'm taking starting this week. So that just put me in a negative mood. So I am finally going to complain about this year first because I just need to get it out and then I promise I will be positive because I do realize I have lot to be grateful for.
So at the beginning of the year I was really wanting to have another baby and figured I would start trying in about Aprilish. Well April came along and for some reason it just didn't feel right. I hated that feeling I was so nervous that this feeling meant I was done having kids which just made me sad to think about. Then Reggie lost his job at the end of April. After that I realized that's probably the reason why I wasn't supposed to get pregnant at the time. So Reggie was without a job and I figured that for sure he would be getting a job within a few week. I could handle that. Well he was without a job for 8 MONTHS. We moved into Reggie's Grandpa's old house to save money for when Reggie had to go to school full time and instead we went completely backwards and drained our savings. Right before Reggie lost his job I felt like I was finally getting the hang of being a stay at home mom and really enjoying it. A few months after the job loss I got a phone call from my old job telling me they were hiring and wanted to see if I wanted to work. That was such a hard decision to make. I really did not want to go to work, I wanted to work at home taking care of my children but I wondered if this phone call was a sign that I should go work. After talking it out I decided that I was supposed to be at home with my kids and that we would be blessed for it. I guess the hardest thing about this year was just the financial stress of everything and the fact that I wanted a baby SOOO BAD! Just a very emotional Year. I know it's ridiculous but I would just cry everytime I found out someone was pregnant. It seems like everyone is pregnant right now I just so badly want it to be me.
I know that I have complained alot and I really do have lots to be grateful for so I hope I can come up with more good than bad. So here I go!
First of all I have a wonderful husband who will do anything to provide for his family. The whole 8 months he didn't have a job he took over a paper route for a friend which we are so grateful for. I know it was very hard for him after a while having to work in the middle of the night.
I have TWO beautiful healthy kids who I love so much and bring me so much joy. Kallie started Preschool this year and we were blessed to get her into the MELP Program through the Mesa School District that is FREE. It has been so good for her and she absolutely loves it. Preston definitely is in his Terrible Twos but I love all the hugs and kissed he gives me. It still amazes me how much I love that boy. I was so nervous to have a boy but I am so glad I have him.
We have a nice house with a big backyard for the kids to play in. We moved in Dec 2008 so thats pretty much part of 2009 right?
We have great ward friends to who are very giving. Our neighbors who are in our ward gave us a trampoline and then another family in our ward gave us a swing set. It has been so fun for the kids especially Preston, that kids lives outside.
Somehow we made it financially even though money was tight I know how lucky we were to be able to make it as long as we did. All I can say is that Reggie got a job just in time.
We had the best Christmas ever! We had so many people think of us and we were definitely spoiled.
Even though this year has been a hard one I have felt my Heavenly Fathers love for me and my family. I know he was there for me that whole time and I realize that we went through this for a reason. Trials just make us stronger right and when it does come time for me to have another baby I will appreciate it that much more and I realize how this gives me a chance to enjoy Preston more and he can be my baby for longer and I do love my time with him.
So my goal for this year it to be more positive and to appreciate the life I have and enjoy every minute of it with my family because I have the best Husband and kids and am so glad I have them forever!!!





12 comments:
Wow, what a year you had in 2009. And here's to a great 2010 for your cute little family!! I wish you all the happiness and more this next year.
Why did I not realize that Reggie was out of work. I feel so out of it. I'm so sorry. I agree 2009 was really rough even more so for the second year of being out of a full time job. The first year we did a lot better. We lived on some savings and survived it. Danny started his accounting business from home this last year and boy has it been tough. I keep wondering when it will all end but really I know we are still so blessed and these things sure do teach us to appreciate the small things. Anyway, here's to a great 2010! We sure could use it too. Love you and miss you tons and I hope you get to have that baby real soon. There's nothing better than that.
Oh Lindsey. I had to fight back the tears! You are so strong.
Your family is so beautiful.
I hope that you are able to have that little bundle of joy sooner rather than later. You definately deserve one. It will be one lucky baby.
Happy New Year. It's bound to get better. :)
{I am so glad that we are family friends}
i can pretty much ditto your feelings on having a baby. i would just really like to finish having my family. of course i feel guilty because so many can't have any kids and i have 3. i keep thinking maybe i should be done, but i would like one more. it's such a mental game. i am trying to just be patient but i will prob have a 5 yr gap which stinks.
i think most people are grateful for a new year. hang in there. like beth, i am looking forward to a fresh start this year.
I think that this year will be a great year for you. We were so glad to hear when Reggie got a job.
Aaron is so excited to move back into the same neighborhood as Reggie in March.
I cried when I was reading this post.
We should have been baby hungry buddies this year!! Curtis and I have been trying so hard to get to the point that we can afford to be parents, and I have been having a really hard time. Like you, I cried everytime one of my friends would tell me they were pregnant.
You are an awesome mother!
This is probably a lame place to tell you this, but lindsey you are such an example to me. I was telling mom the other day that you are so GIVING and Selfless. Even during all the hard things you went through this year you guys gave us everything!!! All of your baby stuff, beds, rocker, clothes, car seat, and most of all babysitting! I don't know how to tell you how grateful I am for all that you have given us. And to top it all off you are the best friend I could of asked for this year as I struggled with being a mom. You are such a good example to me of loving being a mom and wanting more kids. :) I love you!!!
Lindsey! I stinkin' love you. I can relate, husbands loosing jobs in '09 can really put a damper on things. Amen to Amy, thanks for being a great example. Please let me know if you need anything ever. :)
I really hope 2010 is a better year for you guys. I love you and your family to death and wish you guys the best!
You do such a great job blogging! You do have a great little family but they have a really great Wife/Mom!
2010 is going to be awesome for you guys! :) You are an amazing lady and held it together beautifully! You are an amazing mom and friend and I wish you nothing but the happiness you deserve!
I love you Lindsey. I really really do. I didn't know he was out of work for that long! I remember you telling me he had lost his job a while back... I am so sorry. I am glad you were able to stay home and be mom. I think that was big of you...hard, but big. I wish I had felt more up for hanging out last weekend! I have not been getting any sleep and my weekends are the only time I get to spend with Jake (he is working a lot and coaching the highschool baseball team too). Anyway, sorry I never got back to you bout it! I miss you tons
Post a Comment