Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our New Puppy

So we finally gave in and got a puppy. Kallie has been wanting one for a long time. I was just playing around on criagslist looking at dogs and found her. I emailed the lady just for fun to see how much she wanted for her and it just lead to meeting her to look at the dog. I kept on emailing this lady back and forth asking if she was good with kids because I had 2 little ones and what kind of dog she was. Well she is great with kids and we have no idea what kind of dogs she is. The lady really wanted us to have her because we did have kids. When Reggie got home I got another email asking how serious we were because there was another family that was interested so I asked Reggie and he said that he was interested so we went to look at her and decided to go ahead and do it. I was actually really surprised that he was so quick to say yes. She is so cute and such a good dog. Her name is Jasmine. That is the name she had so we just decided to keep it. We got her Friday night and she has been so good. She is starting to warm up to us more so she's not as calm as she was at first but still really good. Kallie is just loving having a dog.



16 comments:

Kenna Koona said...

She is so cute! Kallie must be really happy..Miss you guys.

Kelsey said...

ah she is so freaking cute! good going lou. miss you. love you.

laurakrummenacher said...

Super cute! If you ever want to trade dogs, I'll do it in a second.

Tom and Joanne Asburry said...

Welcome to the family Jazzy!

Michelle said...

I still can't get over how cute and sweet she was last weekend. You guys got lucky finding such a good dog!! Have fun with her she will bebig before you know it.

5littlenordstroms said...

She is so cute. It makes me want one now. We always think we want too but then remember its like having another baby and we have all we can handle so maybe someday when the little ones grow up. Have fun with her. Super Fun.

sweetieabbott said...

She is so cute! I bet Kallie and Preston are having so much fun with her!

Cossebooms said...

That's so exciting for you guys. I bet the kids will enjoy having her. Unfortunately we won't have dogs or cats since Brendan is allergic and I don't want to deal with that. Plus my kids are scaredy cats when it comes to dogs.

Loren said...

What a pretty pretty dog! I bet Kallie is in heaven! I always wanted a puppy when I was little. How fun for you guys!

Lindsey Springfield said...

that puppy is so cute. it looks like part terrier... my pups are jack russell and rat terrier and look similar!

Jill said...

She is a cutie.

Kinsey said...

Jasmine is so cute and sweet, Wesley loved her too! It's fun having animals for the kids, Kambree already loves dogs 2 and will crack up laughing at them. Training's the hard part haha

Terin said...

How cute! I bet the kids love it. My girls want a dog so badly.

Barnes Blog said...

How cute! I love it. We have been talking about getting rid of Nixon. Well I have. Alan still wants to keep him, but I am home all day and get a little sick of him. I mostly just feel bad for him because I don't have time to play with him and give him attention with the two kids and other things to do. And he's so old and grumpy that he doesn't like Calvy to play with him.
Anyway, I'm excited to come see you guys in Feb.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! And I am glad to finally see that Kallie finally got her dog. Does she still act like one?

Brooke Garner said...

As much as I hate dogs, I am glad kallie FINALLY got a puppy. It was pretty sad that Kallie had to be the puppy for a while! :)