Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lion King

On Friday Reggie, Kallie and I went to go see The Lion King on Broadway. Reggie bought tickets for us for a Christmas Present. I was a little nervous about how Kallie would like it because I saw it back in High School and wasn't totally thrilled about it and since it wasn't a cartoon I just wasn't sure how she would do. I was excited to just have a night out with the 3 of us. I tried to talk it up to Kallie and she seemed really excited and told everyone where we were going. I made her take a nap that day, I didn't want her to fall asleep during the show. Surprisingly she was ok with that since she got to go see the Lion King after she woke up. Preston got to go to my moms and then we took Kallie out to eat to Del Taco really quick, one of Reggie's Favorites, and then head to Gammage Auditorium. Good thing we didn't get there til 15 min before it started because Kallie just couldn't wait for it to start. She was so cute during the whole show. She just stared at it the whole time. Yeah! It was a success. She stayed awake and loved it! The next day she was playing with her doll and asking if it wanted to see the Lion King with her. She also talked to Grammie (my Grandma) and was asking her if she wanted to see it too. She keeps on asking me if we can see it again, too bad its not cheaper or I would take her again.






8 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

How fun! Cute pics. I love Lion King so I am a little jealous but I am glad you had fun. Miss you

Michelle said...

She sure looks like she loved it. Glad you had fun. Isn't it so fun to watch them. That is how Aubree was the first time we saw the Nutcracker but she kept asking why they didn't talk! Glad you had fun.

Barnes Blog said...

That is so cute. We had a similar experience with Caly. He loved the Polar Express at the Imax in 3D. He was like Kallie, totally mesmerized. I love when things work out like that, especially when you start out nervous, and the tickets are a little pricey, although I'm sure ours weren't as pricey as yours. It's so cool you got to go.

M + L said...

Lion King is the bomb! I'm surprised you didn't like it. Hope you did this time. She is so cute and I'm really glad she liked it and was able to sit through it all! Way to go Reggie!!!

Kristen said...

That is so cute. Love her hair too. Looks like you have a Broadway Diva now. Glad you all had a fun night out together.

Kelsey said...

AH freakin cute! how fun. i miss you guys so much!!!

sweetieabbott said...

How fun! I'm glad that she like it so much. I would stress out too hoping that it wouldn't be a waste of money. I love her bows, she is so cute!

Tom and Joanne Asburry said...

Kallie,
We are so happy that you came over and sang some songs to us! You really know how to put on a show.