Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Day!

We had a very fun Valentines this year. I decided to be a great wife and let my husband go fishing on Valentine's Day with my cousin Justin. Justin is down from Utah for a few months and him and Reggie have been having fun going hunting and fishing together. So since Justin is just here for a few months I have decided to let Reggie get it all out of his system while Justin is here and then he will have to take a break for a while. So the weekend before we went out to a movie and dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day. That was so nice we hardly ever get to go out to dinner and movie.


Reggie got me some beautiful Flower. I got them a few days early. I was giving Reggie a hard time about not making Valentine's a big deal and telling him that Tiffany's "Friend" was planning this big surprise date for Valentine's. So he dragged me to Preston's closet and there were the flowers. I guess he can still surprise me.

On Valentines Morning me and the kids woke up and I had a little present waiting for them. Nothing big but they liked it.


Some Friends of ours in the ward planned this Murder Mystery Dinner for Valentines Day. I was a little disapointed that we weren't going because Reggie was going to be gone fishing. Last minute Reggie told me he could be home in time to go to it if I really wanted to. I was so excited to go. It was so much fun. It was an 80's themed High School Reunion. It was fun getting dressed up. When we walked in they had a back drop set up for everyones pictures. We played the Principle and Science Teacher for the Murder Mystery Dinner. It turned out so good. Thanks again Heidi you guys did a great job putting it together.

8 comments:

Cossebooms said...

I'm glad you had a great time! And I love the photo. It will be so much fun to look back and see these crazy pictures of us dressed up in 80's attire. We'll have to do parties more often.

Nash said...

i love that.
especially impressed by you letting him go.
isn't it interesting that when we allow them to go without giving them such a hard time, they usually make it up to us.
the fact that he hurried back is so cool.
i read a book once called "Strangling Your Husband is NOT an Option." she talked all about that. Not that this was the intent of your post, but it was great.

5littlenordstroms said...

Cute Lindsey, that looks like fun and I agree it is fun to be surprised and how sweet is that, that he made it to the party with you.

Moore Fun said...

Oh that looks so fun. Cute outfit, I love it!

The Williamson's said...

Wow Linds you look great! haha how fun I love both your outfits. And very pretty flowers!

Sherri Romney said...

FUN! That looks like it was a blast. You are better than me...I would have pitched a fit about fishin on Valentines Day... Your flowers are beautiful. :)

Rob and Mary...Our Life said...

I think you should have Justin come around every Valentine's day you made out great! You didn't even mention the treadmill!

Kristen said...

What a great day. Looks like so much fun!