Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Build a Bear

Having Reggie working nights has been a lot harder than I thought and having only one car right now doesn't help either. I really thought it would be the perfect schedule, he would work when I'm sleeping and then I would have him around during the day. He leaves for work at 4:30pm and usually gets home at 3am. I was not thinking that he would be leaving at the most hectic time of day, you know that time of day when you can't take it any longer and can't wait for your husband to get home, well that's the time of day my husband leaves for work. Oh well I'm grateful he has a job. Reggie's 2 nights off a week are the greatest thing ever to me. Work has been really busy for him which is great, he gets paid overtime, but it is especially hard on me. This night I was having a really hard time because Reg was supposed to be off but had to go into work. Luckily my wonderful in laws let Reggie take their car to work so I could have a car. I didn't really want to go anywhere, I was having a pity party but I knew I needed to do something so I didn't go absolutely crazy. So I came up the the great idea to go splurge and spoil the kids at build a bear. I seriously let the kids go crazy there letting them get whatever they wanted. You may think I'm crazy but it felt so good to spoil them and it made me happy too. My kids love stuffed animals so I knew it would be the perfect place to take them. Kallie has been to build a bear 2 other times, once with my mom and then we went for a preschool field trip, and this was Preston's first time. They still play with their animals all the time which make me feel better about spending so much money on them and they talk about us going there all the time. Oh and then we ended up going to visit Reg at work and talked him into going to dinner with us. That was a great ending.

4 comments:

The Williamson's said...

I'm so glad you took them just next time make sure to invite me :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I've never been to build a bear, but I got one as a present on time. They are expensive, but so cute and fun! :)

Barnes Blog said...

Tel me how you get your pics to do that! How do you do 4 in one box???? Please! Tell me!

Unknown said...

I make the collages Picasa :)