I can't get pictures on here right now so I'll post those later.
So I'm stuck here in the hospital right now waiting to get out of here. I was hoping I would be out of here by noon but the nurse said that my doctor is known for not showing up til 5pm :( So I figured I might as well pass the time and blog about our new beautiful addition to the family.
Karington was born Yesterday, November 30, right on here due date. Monday I text my mom and Amy and told them that I was thinking of giving in and taking castor oil to get things going, I really did not want to go over my due date. I took caston oil with Kallie too. My mom was all for it and even offered to buy it for me, how sweet right haha. I went over to my moms soon after that and took the castor oil and then Amy, my mom and I went shopping to get Paisley a blessing dress. I was getting to the point where I wasn't sure if it was going to do anything so I just gave up on the idea that the baby was coming. I went to bed early that night cuz I was just so tired. I woke up at about 1:30 just feeling uncomfortable and then by 2am I was starting to feel some little contractions and decided to time them. They were coming about every 4 min. At 2:25 I text Reggie who was at work and asked how it was going and then told him I think the castor oil was working. Just minutes later I felt a little leaking and so I got up to go to the bathroom and my water just gushed out. It was such a weird feeling. I even said that I would love to experience my water breaking at home and I got my wish. So I then called Reggie and told him that it definitely was working and that my water just broke. Luckily he was just finishing up work. I called my mom and Amy and told them it was time (this was my first time having them at a birth with me and I loved it). As soon as Reggie got home he was ready to go, got the kids in the car to take to his moms and I was just taking my sweet time getting everything together. I was thinking I had plenty of time. By the time I got to the hospital it was about 3:30am and my contractions were getting pretty bad and I was ready for a epidural but the stinkin people in triage were just taking there sweet time. When they first checked me I was at 6cm. My mom called Amy to see what she was going to do since she had a little baby at home she didn't want to get there to early. My mom thought she could wait a little longer but I told her to come now. It was a good thing she did because she almost missed it. They finally got me up to my room and I was wanting the epidural right then and there. I was in so much pain by the time I finally got the epidural I didn't even know what to do with myself. Even with the epidural I was still feeling painful pressure. Then the checked me again and I was all the was dilated and she was already coming down. I tried to just relax through the pressure and let that do it's job while I waited for the doctor to come. Amy showed up right after I got the epidural and before the doctor got there so just in time. Once the doctor got there I don't remember how many time I had to push but it wasn't much before Karington come out. She was born at 5:10am and weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. It was a quick 3 hour labor and a painful one but it has made it nice for recovery. I am feeling so good. With the other two kids I could barely get up and walk so I just laid in bed the whole time in the hospital. This time I've been walking around like crazy. I am so bored in this hospital and so ready to leave and get home to my other kids. It has been so fun having Karington here, We just love her so much. Kallie is so ready for us to come home and I'm ready to have all 3 of my kids together with me.
4 years ago





6 comments:
I'm so glad I was able to be there, that was such an amazing experiance! I'm pretty sure you pushed maybe 5 times! She is so cute and I miss you guys already! Love you sister!!
I love your story! Babies are SO fun. I hope everything continues to go well. We love you!!!!
Yay! Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures.
Linds you are a champ! Wow what a great thing to have a 3 hour labor. Gosh! I love that you miss your other kiddo's. I've wondered how I'll be in that situation...grateful for the break? Or Missing them like crazy...
Love you and can't wait to see your new little one!!!!!!
Congratulations!! How exciting for you to finally have your baby girl here with you and your family. Glad it went fast and smooth. Can't wait to sneak a peek at her when I bring dinner tomorrow.
A family of five now! WOW! Karington is just beautiful! I love having my days with Preston. He sure is my "Sugar baby"
Post a Comment