Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Playing with Wheat

Willis Cousins will appreciate this one!! When we were little my grandma would get out her old wheat and let us play in it, it is one of my favorite memories of playing at grandma's house. Well my mom finally found a bucket of wheat that had expired and was so exited to let the kids play with it at her house. She said it makes her feel like an official Grandma. The Kids play in it for hours. The first thing they do when we go to my mom's is ask to play in the wheat. Of coarse my kids take their pants off right away too, they do not know how to keep pants on. I always feel bad when we leave because no matter how hard we try to pick up there is still wheat everywhere but then I have to remind myself it was my moms idea so that's her own fault :) At first we just let the kids play with the bucket on a plastic sheet but then we got smart and put it in a plastic pool, it less messy now.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay that looks like so much fun!! I guess I need to tell Mary that it is time to bring out her wheat so my boys can play.

Ashley said...

That is AWESOME!!!! It makes me want to get a bucket of wheat.

Jill said...

too cute. Thanks for showing me the love. And putting the button on your blog.

Sherri Romney said...

Oh that does look like fun!!!! cute

The Williamson's said...

I love that ALL the kids have their pants off. LOL and Liberty's face, you can tell she is saying CHEESE! :)

Kelsey said...

I will make sure to take my pants off and jump right in with them when I get home!

d.jo said...

What a great idea--I have a bag of wheat that I don't know what to do with--maybe I'll just let it expire so the kids can play in it. :) Btw, you and I were supposed to get together with our kids. This upcoming week I'm going out of town, but maybe the next week you and I can find a day to get together...

Kristen said...

Okay I must have been a grandkid BEFORE the wheat expired! We did not get to play in the wheat. Now I'm feeling deprived. ha ha! Looks like so much fun. Continue the tradition.

Kalia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm psyched for you!!!