Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sewing Class!

I have found a new love, SEWING!!! It has been so much fun. I started with some small projects like a pillow case dress for Kallie, some super cute crayon totes for the kids to take to church and other fun projects. When I heard that Susan Hulsey, who is in my ward, was going to be teaching a sewing class I knew I had to take it. It was such a fun class and I learned so much. The class started at the beginning of January and lasted 6 weeks. We did alot a fun projects in the class.



We made a pillow case, neck pillow, fabric ball, scented trivet for hot pot and pans, a purse and a little zipper pouch to match the purse.

We also made pajama pants but I didn't get that in the picture. Now I'm taking the second class and we are making a little girls dress. I can't wait until we finish it. There are so many projects that I want to do if only I had the time and money to do them all.

If you want to check out Susan's website it's http://sewsuziesew.wordpress.com/. She is a great teacher!!

6 comments:

McRae Family said...

Thats so awesome! I love to sew but don't do it very often. Its such a great feeling when you finish something and know that you made it all by yourself! Good job!

Sherri Romney said...

How fun Linds! They all look great. :) I need to drag my machine out of storage one of these days....

M + L said...

I've always wanted to learn how to sew. I can't even sew a button back on! I'm that bad :) But this motivates me. You did a great job. I hope one day I can learn how to do that.

The Talley Family said...

How fun! Your projects look so good. I want to take that class. Thanks for the info.

Ashley said...

That's awesome!!! Welcome to the dark side ;)

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness that is soooo cute! I'm jealous. Can you teach me in the summer? :)