Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Work and Play

The last 4 weeks Reggie has been working up in Pinetop painting apartments. We have been so grateful for this job but have missed having Reggie around. He leave Sunday night and get home Thursday night. The last couple of weekends he has also been doing a paper route type deal but delivering Hotel Savings Books. So he's been keeping himself busy which is nice. The kids and I went with him. It was alot of fun to spend time with him and to take a mini vacation while we were there. The first weekend he went to Tucson. We went up Friday night, delivered the books on the way there and spent the night in a motel. We took advantage of having our Zoo Membership and went to the Zoo there in Tucson. It was a fun, small zoo. My favorite was the Polar Bear. I was telling Reggie I could stay there and watch it all day.


The Kids wouldn't get in the turtle shell so Reggie did hoping the kids would follow






The next weekend we went to Flagstaff. We were really excited about this trip but after looking up hotel rooms we got a little discouraged when we realized how expensive they were. So we planned on just a day trip and still try to do some fun things. By the time we got there and delivered the books it was 4:30pm and everything we wanted to do closed at 5pm. Then I thought duh we are delivering hotel savings books lets look in there for something. After calling 3 we found one that would take the coupon and was wasn't full already. We had to go to the store and get a few things since we were just planning on a day trip. Saturday morning we went to go see some sights including the Indian ruins and as we are driving around we start to smell burnt rubber. I don't know all the details but our power steering started going out and we are like 30 min outside Flagstaff. So we had to skip our on the rest of the ruins and slowly and as safely as possible get back to Flagstaff and see if we can get my car fixed. As we are driving back my gas light comes on, we now need gas too. We called a few shops and they were closed, finally found one that was open, try to explain whats wrong and he says he can take a look at it. When we finally get to the shop we barely make it and then we find out he doesn't have the parts for it and he can't get them til Monday. Long story short Reggie's Dad ends up coming up to get us and tow us back home. For the 5+ hours before he came we just wandered around the mall (thank goodness we just happened to be right by the mall) and walked the shopping centers around the area. Good thing it's decent weather in Flagstaff it was actually nice to walk outside. By the time Reggie's dad got there and we ate we didn't get home til after midnight. It was a very adventurous weekend. I'm so sick of having to get fix my car. Someday, hopefully soon, I'll get a new car because I desperately need one. All in all it was a very fun trip, a good excuse to get out and do something as a family.


Me and my Kallie girl!

Notice Reggie's mustache. I hated that thing. I called him Chester. He was doing a contest with the guys he was working with. NASTY is all I have to say about that


Kallie was having so much fun pretending this was her house

Getting our car ready to be towed back home
Big Shout out to my wonderful Father in Law who took the time to come and rescue us and fix my car while Reggie was gone working. You're the Best!


7 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Looks like you had a great family trip. How fun to spend time together.

Anonymous said...

Glad you four got to spend time together! And I hear ya about the car thing.. about 3 months something goes wrong with my car that HAS to be fixed. I'm just praying that I can get a brand new car one day!

The Talley Family said...

I have a zoo membership too. We should go together sometime!

RHulsey said...

Ug, broken cars are no fun at all. But at least you got a fun little trip in the midst of it.

M + L said...

That's great that Reggie at least has a job. Sacrifice! Your kids are too cute!

Tom & Joanne said...

Nice update! You always do a great job on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Uh yah I'd say you had an adventure! I'm glad you got home ok. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with you on the whole mustache thing. Did you still kiss him with that thing?