Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Weekend Alone

Conference Weekend Reggie left me at home all alone to go to Utah for his mission reunion. He's been wanting to go the last couple of years and he was finally able to go this year. He left Friday at 5am and got home Sunday at 10pm. I love how he picked those time to go since I had to take him and pick him up from the airport. I was so tempted to just have him drive himself and just pay for the parking. Friday afternoon I got to take a nap which I hardly ever get to do but I woke up with a really bad headache that soon turned into a migraine. I've only had a couple in my lifetime thank goodness because they are so not fun. I had plans to go out to dinner with some of Reggie's family that night and I was really looking forward to getting out while Reggie was gone. Reggie's mom called me and told me to just come out early so she could help me with my kids. That was the longest 15 minute drive to their house. I just had to concentrate on my breathing the whole way there so I wouldn't throw up. When I finally got there I pretty much threw Preston down and laid right down. I took some medicine, Diet Coke and took a little nap and luckily I got well enough to be able to go out. I was just glad to have someone around to help me while my husband was gone. Thanks Joanne for everything your the best! I was able to have a fun night out. After dinner we went to the mall to get cookies and Kallie and Grandma Joanne got to ride the new carousel. Kallie of coarse chose the giraffe it's her favorite animal at the zoo.



1 comment:

Tom and Joanne Asburry said...

Love you tons Lins!
Tom and Joanne