Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I need potty training advice

I am so ready to have Kallie potty trained. Here is my problem, she goes to the bathroom just fine when she doesn't have a diaper or panties on but as soon as she has panties on she will have an accident. I can't let her run around naked forever. I don't know what to do. I really need some advice.

5 comments:

Nash said...

OK. I read a post on this girls blog. http://barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2007/01/tools-of-trade.html
She seems really smart and it's a great plan she has.
Other than that, you just can't push them. (my discovery so far) BUT if you stay home for a few days (assuming they are ready) they will do it easy. Just be consistent. I like the idea of a timer, this way they are used to it, and you will hopefully prevent accidents. I guess I should start preparing Vance, maybe when he's speaking better. Both of my girls potty trained 6 weeks before their 3rd bday.
GOOD LUCK!

Brittney said...

K thats what i did with Brayton the first time and everytime I put underwear on him or a pull up to go out he would pee or poop. So I personally didnt think he was ready then. I think you just have to be consistent and start putting underwear on and take her every 15-20 min. If she has accidents its ok dont get too upset cuz that just scares them. But honestly Brayton has been doing awesome this time around and I know its because he was finally ready:) But if you think she is ready still put the underwear on. Oh and do you do potty and poop treats? That was huge for Brayton!!! I got little stuff for potty but he got yummy chocolate stuff for poop!! Try that. Let me know what you do and if you have success or have any other questions!! Isnt motherhood fun?!?!:) We need to get together again!

Stock Family said...

Slade was is totally potty trained right after his 2nd birthday. I don't know about girls, but he seemed to learn by example. If he saw daddy going potty, he wanted to also. Weird, but it worked. Also, I took him to the bathroom every 10 minutes for the first couple weeks until he learned how to understand the feeling of holding it. Even if he didn't say that he needed to go. Try having her pick out really cute panties and tell her that if she goes potty she can wear them, but say they have princesses on them, and tell her that the princess doesn't like to get wet. Consistancy really is key! Good luck!

Terin said...

With Sadie I just put her on the toilet right when she woke up, before nap-time, before lunch, between lunch and dinner, after dinner and before bed. We would just sit there until she went. We lived in the bathroom. but she potty trained so fast. We also would give her her favorite candy after she went. It worked wonders. She will get it. Oh and we went straight to panties. SHe got too confused with pull-ups. Good luck. keep us posted.

The Ayers Family said...

We did a sticker chart. Just a grid of squares on a piece of paper tapes to the bathroom wall. One sticker for going #1, two stickers and a treat for #2 as well. It only took a day to get a hang of the process, but it was a long day- in the bathroom every 20 minutes regardless.