About a week before we were at my moms and Kallie found a picture of my grandpa. She was so excited she wanted to take it home with her. I made her a copy and she was carrying it all over with her. When it was time to go she couldn't find it. She came up to me and said "My I can't find the picture of my Grandpa, I just love him so much." Luckily Preston took it and he knew exactly where it was. Ever since then she talks about him all the time.
Before we went to the cemetery I told Kallie where we were going and she was so excited. I tried to explain that we were just going to see his grave. I also told her that we were going to go to Grandma Janet's house first to meet up with them and then go see Grandpa's grave. Kallie then tells me that she wants to go to Grandpa's house and then to Grandma Janet's. I had to explain again that we weren't going to his house just to see his grave and that Grandpa was in Heaven. Then she asked if we could go to heaven and see him. It was so cute. I wish we could go to heaven and see him. Kallie had so much fun helping us clean his grave. It was fun to tell her stories about grandpa and just have a moment to remember how lucky I am to have such a wonderful Grandpa. We miss him so much and I'm glad that Kallie loves him too even though she hasn't met him in this life.





5 comments:
What a great tradition and learning experience for your kids. What a great family bonding experience also. I wish we had family graves here in AZ that we could do this with. I sure hope when I pass on someone will care enough to take care of my grave.
OHHH man next year we are NOT going to the cabin so we can go. I miss going! I have not been since I got married :( Kallie why are you so cute!
That was so much fun to have you, Kallie and Preston with us. They are adorable Lindsey -- like their mommy :)
Your kids are so sweet. Their innocence makes me want to cry. I wish I could make periodic trips to Heaven, too, just to say hi to the people I love.
Your family is so beautiful, Lindsey!
I can't believe how grown up Kallie looks! Her hair is so long! They r both so cute.
Post a Comment