Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Congrats Mom!!!

Words can not express how proud we all are of our mom. She has been going to school for a long time and she has finally graduated from Nursing School. It took alot of sacrifice and hard work but she did it. I look up to my mom so much. So last Thursday was her pinning. It was very emotional for all of us. Then Friday was her graduation and it was so fun to watch her walk up in her cap and gown. Of coarse both nights we had to go out to dinner afterwards. I can't believe she is finally done. I remember 2 years ago when she told us she got excepted into the program I cried because secretly I wanted her to wait another semester to start. I was pregnant with Preston and she would be starting right around the time I had him. Luckily I was able to have him a week early so she could be there for the first week of his life and help me out. It all worked out fine and now she is all done. Looking back it went pretty quick. Congrats Mom We love you!




5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is just awesome!! Congrats!! Aren't moms such great examples!!

sweetieabbott said...

Your mom is amazing! When I am feeling down about my situation, I just think of her and what strength she has with everything she has gone though done and accomplished. Way to go Janet!

Jill said...

Yeah how exciting for her. We are all looking from afar and really excited for her.

Rob and Mary...Our Life said...

I wanted to be there so bad! Your mom is awesome! It just goes to show you can do anything you put your mind to. You kids were a great support to her I know.

Janet said...

Thank you so much!! Yours and Amy's posts have just smeared my mascara :) You helped make the celebration better than I ever imagined. It was so much fun! Love you so very much!!!
Love,
Mom