Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
-Lyn Yutang

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thumb sucker

A few weeks ago Preston started sucking his fingers, I just think it is the cutest thing, but just a couple days ago he discovered his thumb. It looks like I have a thumb sucker. Its kind of nice because just yesterday during his nap I heard him crying so I went upstairs to check on him and he had found his thumb and put himself back asleep. How nice is that! It does make me a little nervous just because we just got Kallie off her binky and that was hard enough can you imagine trying to get a kid off of the thumb you can't just take that away. Oh well I'll deal with that later for now its kind of nice. Who know maybe it won't last that long. Isn't he so cute!!!


5 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh my gosh I love it! I so badly want Raylee to find her thumb because she wont take a binki. And hello you got Kallie off her binki? I thought she was so attached to that? How did you do it? I still love Brayton to have one. its more of a comfort for me than him I think. Well not really he loves it ALOT!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like we will both have thumb suckers. Jared loves to suck on his fist and when he finds his thumb he goes to town on that thing. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to stop Preston sucking his thumb. I really don't want a thumb sucker. Matt was a pain to get off his binki.

laurakrummenacher said...

Nate was addicted to his thumb but by the time he was about one he only did it when he slept then he stopped doing that a few months later. Hopefully you'll have as easy a time as I did. I love thumb suckers! So easy, and so dang cute!!!

Asburry said...

He is so darn cute! I loved getting to see him and Kallie the other night! That's so cool that you're working. You're like a supermom :P

Hanna said...

I *love* thumbsuckers. Its the cutest thing in the world. Sullivan sucked his thumb a lot from 4 months until about 9 months, and after that he would only do it to sleep. I haven't see him suck his thumb since he was a year old. . .so it wasn't all that painful to me.

I've heard the horror stories about kids sucking their thumbs into their teens - but when you're needing a few extra hours of sleep at night, it seems like its worth the risk. :)